Friday, August 04, 2006

HFC vs. HFA

More new material @ practice last night. We also came up with the most disturbing Mr. Kool Aid Man commercial ever. We worked on my new slowed down Alarm song. This probably does not sound like a ringing endorsement of anything. We're also putting B.F.I. earlier in the set which I am fired up about. Here are the new songs so far (hopefully for the new live set)

1. The End of Everything
2. this little instrumental thing ending B.F.I. and leading into
3. Understandable
and last night 4. HFC @ Full On Gain

The new set is (for now) running like this:

1. The End of Everything
2. Sound
3. B.F.I.
4. instrumental
5. Understandable
6. H.F.C. at Full on Gain


I've got six or seven more new songs finished that I want us to lear. Dev's got some parts of songs he's working on - plus he came up with a new thing last night that Chris is posting so Dev can come up with words at his leisure.

Do any of us have any leisure these days?

Does anyone remember laughter?

What am I, Robert Plant?

6 Comments:

Blogger Lady Di )O( said...

So, is the rule that BD can't play any songs written under the name CoP? Or is that an entirely different band made up of the same people?

I don't know all these rock and roll rules. All I know is good rock and roll is all about rules.

I'm just saying...it would be sad to see "Stupid Now" go away before ever seeing it live. Ah well, I'll survive if that's the case.

I love the bottom of your site where it says, "8 legs, 8 arms, 7 eyes". Heh.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Sultan of Swaff said...

No, you're Robert Pollard. Quit writing so many songs!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger edP said...

same band same people same songs with some new songs

2:02 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Stupid Now ain't goin anywhere Ladi Di...I'm glad you like it.

Re: Pollard...I'm not guided by anything

2:34 PM  
Blogger bigsoda said...

Ed forgot to mention the Whitesnake/Night Ranger medley we'll be opening with because people in bars want to hear covers. We were going to call it "White Ranger", but for obvious reasons, we're calling it "Night Snake." The medley itself is "Here I go sliding it in again in the still of the night, Sister Christian..."

Seriously, I think we're really on to something good with this band right now. Hopefully, you'll get a chance to see for yourself soon...

12:34 AM  
Blogger edP said...

I feel dirty reading your comments bigSoda.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home